Larvatus Prodeo Nostalgia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hello again
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyThu Sep 18 2014, 13:41 by Guest

» What are people reading?
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptySun Jun 08 2014, 15:21 by Terangeree

» That Man Abbott
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyThu May 22 2014, 22:27 by Guest

» Quiet around here
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyMon Mar 10 2014, 10:52 by Guest

» Hello Hola Guten Tag
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyThu Feb 27 2014, 00:50 by Guest

» Gender Segregation
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptySat Feb 22 2014, 03:55 by Guest

» DVD Box Sets
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyTue Feb 18 2014, 23:38 by Paul Burns

» Here we go again!
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyTue Feb 18 2014, 00:24 by Paul Burns

» Nielson Poll
 starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  EmptyMon Feb 17 2014, 22:57 by Guest

Keywords

starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died

4 posters

Go down

starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  Empty starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died

Post by Graham Bell Tue Jan 28 2014, 21:57

I'm sure many Larvatus Prodeo people enjoyed the music of Pete Seeger, the great American folk-singer and champion for justice and peace.    Who could ever forget "Where have all the flowers gone?" or "If I had a hammer" ?
So everytime you are confronted with news about the evildoing of yet another American corporate or political scoundrel, just think for moment about the GOOD Americans such as Pete Seeger.

Graham Bell

Back to top Go down

starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  Empty Re: starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died

Post by Ducky5 Tue Jan 28 2014, 22:57

I was shocked to read that he was 94! When you see that and find out similar things like that Paul McCartney is 71 it makes you realise that you're getting old too.

Ducky5

Back to top Go down

starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died  Empty Re: starting with sad news: Pete Seeger has died

Post by Paul Burns Tue Jan 28 2014, 23:55

Still, I can sit on me front porch and wave me walking stick and yell at screaming kids as they run past. Very Happy 
While Pete Seegar's music wafts out from the bedroom window

Paul Burns

Back to top Go down

Post by tigtog Wed Jan 29 2014, 09:22

Some of the earliest songs I remember learning were Seeger's protest songs (folky but not exactly hippy bushwalking parents and campfires). They've been going around my head all day.
tigtog
tigtog

http://hoydenabouttown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jules for real Wed Jan 29 2014, 14:40

I dreamed I saw Pete Seeger last night
alive as you and me
Says I "But Pete you're 3 days dead"
"I'll never die" says he
"I'll never die" says he

"In New York, Pete," says i to him
Him standing by my bed
"A life well lived - long and bright"
Says Pete "But I ain't dead"
Says Pete "But I ain't dead"

And standing there as big as life
his songs and bandanna red
Pete says, "As long as someone sings some songs
Well I'll never be dead
Well I'll never be dead."

jules for real

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum